Glandorf Feed Company began when Arthur Inkrott and E.J Meyer purchased a flour mill in Glandorf, OH from the Kohl's Family in 1942.
In 1964, Glandorf Feed incorporated and the growth began that has brought us to where we are today.
In the mid 1960's we became involved in the Poultry Industry. Glandorf Feed contracted with area farmers to build egg laying facilities in which Glandorf Feed would supply the birds and feed, and the farmers would collect the eggs to be picked up for delivery to local markets. In the early 1980's, the local egg industry began to phase out with the increase in larger egg laying facilities being built around the country, so Glandorf Feed Company chose to hault egg production and sell all of our birds.
With the steadily increasing grain yields, we have expanded our storage capacity numerous times. The years in which the expansions have taken place are 1987, 1996, 1998, and 2003.
In 2002, another livestock industry became popular in our area, so we purchased some shares in Sow Co-Ops from Kalmbach Feeds of Upper Sandusky, OH. We once again became involved with local farmers who have built Swine Growing Facilities in which we supply the hogs and the feed to raise the hogs to market weight. When the hogs reach market weight, they are picked up on the farm and transported to a packer plant, processed, and packaged to be sold in markets around the world.
Currently, Glandorf Feed Company is operated by Charles Inkrott (Art's Son) and eleven other employees, many of whom have been part of the Glandorf Feed family for more than 20 years.